Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Turkey Round 5 (Ayvalik, Bornova, Kuşadası/Aydın)

 A morning to sleep in!! Yay.  I could stand waking up to this every morning. We did search and search for somewhere that was still serving breakfast.  The fish were enjoying breakfast as well.
 As we enjoyed our breakfast with more than a few very cute visitors for breakfast. Very persistent visitors, but who could resist that face, apparently not My Love.  I think the cats had more of his breakfast than him.
Longest Breakfast ever.... Mainly because I wanted to stay and watch the sea before our journey on.
I wanted fingernail polish remover, more specifically acetone containing....seems simple...not so much. My solution was a brief Ikea trip beforehand.  FYI the prices are comparable, but the selection was ten times what it is in the states. I can't count the times I heard the words, "I can't believe you want to go to Ikea." 
I giggled. 
We were hungry so we wandered around the shopping mall to find food and replace my sunglasses. (MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR MY FAVORITE SUNGLASSES WHICH DIED A TRAGIC PREMATURE DEATH IN THE SUITCASE)
 I had an issue with the straw for the sprite. It's just wrong. Wrong, I tell ya.
A little more driving and yet another beautiful spot to visit. This was the view from our hotel. So peaceful and quiet with beautiful beautiful beautiful architecture. 
 The beautiful didn't outweigh the fact that I was whipped. These stairs seemed like a mountain.  I was very ready for a nap at the top.
While Love fiddled with the key in the door I took the time to stare at the beautiful clear blue sky.  After briefly staring out the window I crashed. 
We decided to venture out for a walk to the beach. We had a different definition of "short walk," but it was worth it to just hang out with each other for a bit.  
 My Love (Captain Obvious) answered my query of "what's that?" simply with ..."a castle." I was not in the mood to play twenty questions, so I let it slide.
The shore was covered in adorable little snails, all smaller than a pinky nail.  
 We passed several houses with wonderfully vibrant mixes of flowers. Roses roses roses and cacti.
We headed back for dinner and sat for a bit outside in the beautiful weather on the cutest little stools perched under a shade tree.
 The tree was shedding the tiniest perfect flower blossoms.
It was also dinner time for the nest of juvenile starlings. 
Very full from dinner we decided to walk downtown to watch the sunset and then do some meandering.  The sunset was beautiful.  People were chatting and playing in the waves.  

 Over all a lovely, simple and beautiful day that I got to spend doing  very little to speak of, but I will remember for the rest of my life. I'm pretty sure I can't remember every day I have/will spent/spend with My Love in great detail, but I will do my best to remember every bit of this one with the simple things like walking through an Ikea I had no intentions of buying things from to a beautiful sunset as viewed from the bench on the edge of the sea.






No comments:

Post a Comment