Monday, February 20, 2012

41 Days until ?

I sit on my couch with my wonderful boyfriend and realize.  It will be 41 days until I put him on an airplane home.  He will be returning to his home country for an unknown length of time.  Yup, unknown. could be months, could be years.  It's all very surreal.   I never pictured myself in a long distance relationship, but now I find myself planning logistics of an eight hour time difference. There is no other option for me.  I wouldn't dream of being without him.  I will simply live my life by morning video chats and after work video chats and long emails in the middle of each others nights. No cooking each other dinner, foot rubs, snuggling, kisses, or disagreeing about politics over fast food dinners.


Tangential train of thought then says. Two days until a presentation at work.  Four days until another minor presentation at work.  Five days until a slightly more important presentation at work. Thirty-six days until a "milestone birthday."  


Tangential train of thought now leads to- I want to know how many days until ... I get married....I have a baby....I find a  fellowship... I go on vacation.  


Why is it that all of the unpleasantries (and yes that milestone birthday is unpleasant) come with a date and time to lurk over your head, but the big ones, the happy ones...you wait and see.  


Goals for the week (other than stop procrastinating over these presentations).  Plan a vacation.  Set a date to have my fellowship application ready. Go to the gym twice. 

Calcified esophageal duplication cyst

1 comment:

  1. Milestone birthdays seldom turn out to be unpleasant unless we choose to see them that way. I have had a few more than you (I'm up to 62!! now) so I feel comfortable voicing an opinion. Sixty seemed especially difficult--what? only 10 years til 70??? I can't be that old--until I realized that I am healthier (yes, even with the cancer issue), stronger emotionally and physically, wiser than I have ever been. I also realized that I really don't know much of anything for sure and that leaves an entire universe of possibilities and adventures to explore. And the things I know for absolutely certain are written in bedrock--I love my sons unconditionally forever and would give my life for them. I have found a beautiful comfortable honest caring forever love with Roger. I have found that there are still many things about myself that are changing and growing and opening up to new possibilities. Going with the flow of life instead of constantly fighting the current usually brings things that are meant to be in their own time without all the exhausting effort of trying to force them. Visualize what you want in life and let the universe bring it to you, don't fret and fram around with the "cursed hows" just trust that all is well and let your heart rest easy knowing that what you most desire is what the universe desires for you! Plan your presentations, go to the gym, and before you know it the rest will fall in place.Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete