Sunday, May 6, 2012

Aortas and Subdurals and Pennies.......oh my.

A night on call of iffy findings and hilarious findings.  Makes the adage about not doing anything you don't want to explain to a paramedic ring even more true.

Refering doc, "Are those pennies?"
Rad, "No, that's seventeen cents."
Doc, "I only see four coins, where are the other thirteen."
Rad, "Um, There are only four coins."
Doc, "You said seventeen cents."
Rad, (pause) "Two pennies, a nickel and a dime."
Doc, (longer pause) (hangs head) "Go ahead, laugh, I know you want to."
These conversations are always more fun in person. And, oh how happy I would have been if they had let me keep the film!

Oooohh! Cookie!
(Exclaimed three times tonight by three different people) (about the same cookie) (which is still sitting in the same spot) (the lack of known cookie origin makes it less desirable apparently)


A, "I want to die of a massive stroke in my sleep."
B, "If we're going to discuss this random morbid thought...Why not a massive heart attack?"
A, "I like my heart, it's done nothing to me, but my brain...it deserves it!"
C, "Is there any way for an ischemic insult to your fat to kill you, because i have a real bone to pick with it."



If you add All Bran flakes to your Corn Flakes they are suddenly a health food.

Person A,"why is water the main ingredient in everything we eat?"
Person B,"maybe because it's the main ingredient in humans."
Person A, "nerd."

If it hadn't been for the one hour whale harpooning the night may have been salvageable.

A-"where do you think all that stool goes?" (regarding a quite overloaded CT of the abdomen)
B-"it Depends" (I'll give you a bit to think about that one.)








No comments:

Post a Comment